Go Back   Dragonball Online | Message Boards > Pre-Release Discussion
Connect with Facebook

Old 08-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Mystic Saiyan

Default Dragonball Online for PS3? It would be super!

I used to own a X360 since Perfect Dark Zero was released. but over the years, I got fed up with the system because after my 5th got RROD, that was it. So I moved to PS3 and I'm loving it.

With the recent news that an mmorpg, Champions Online was cancelled, or more accurately, "rejected" by Microsoft, I knew X360's online policy would prevent it from accepting any new mmorpgs on its system (even though FFXI was an exception back then.) MS fears mmorpgs stealing away their Gold subscribers since mmorpg naturally have massive amount of content, length and persistent worlds and community based multiplayer that's above and beyond any other genre.

and of course Nintendo is still too closed minded to really get into online mmorpgs and decent controls (if they made a good Pokemon MMORPG, they would sell millions, however they are too lazy to take online gaming seriously. That's why even New Super Mario Bros Wii won't have online multiplayer. So the Wii is obviously the worst system to port an mmorpg to.

That's why I feel even though NTL was reported to have plans with porting DBO to Xbox360, I think they will if not already learned that isn't an option, especially since now Xbox360 LOST THEIR CHANCE to join PS3 and PC in the worldwide launch for Final Fantasy XIV Online next year.

So that's TWO big name mmorpgs XBox360 is missing out on. It looks like this is the turning point and PS3 will become the best of the 3 consoles now.

This is one reason why I feel Dragonball Online should be ported to PS3 after
the PC version is released and success convinces them to expand their profits onto the console market (any rich and wise developer would do so, especially with Dragonball on their side.)

This would also save a lot of people from having to invest lots more money to get a PC that can run Dragonball Online perfectly and how it's meant to run and appear. All that extra money buying a new system could be saved for paying the monthly fee.

So yea, maybe DBO might be PC only, since Koreans are said to be huge on PC gaming instead of console gaming. But worldwide, it would benefit the company and the consumers to port it to PS3, especially with the lowest pricedrop PS3 has gotten, the highest rate of successful PS3s that haven't run into any problems,
and overall, if companies like SE are porting their mmorpgs to console, so can Namco Bandai. The extra potential profits providing Dragonball Online on PS3, should be benefits that even they must be aware of by now.

Either that or they will probably wait and see how much FFXIV sells first on console.
The last hurdle is how capable the developers/publishers are to make the game work fine on PS3, because PS3 is known to be harder to develop games for.
So yea, who knows what will become of this.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:42 PM
Banned
  Namekian-Dragon-Clan
Send a message via MSN to Mishnara

Alright.. listen up..
I have explained this over and over and over again..
so listen really careful cuz I will only say this one more time..

A MMORPG like this Will NOT, and I repeat "WILL NOT!" be good for either X-Box 360 or PS3..
With all the keybindings and macro's you'll prolly gonna be using
then its gonna be downright impossible to play it on either of those consoles.

Also all the abilities you'll learn would be hard to control on a freaking
Controller.

So to answer your thread..

No, this game would not be cool to play on a PS3..

It would blow ass! And I dont mean that in a good way...

Welcome to Oblivion!
Old 08-25-2009, 10:30 PM
Mystic Saiyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishnara View Post
Alright.. listen up..
I have explained this over and over and over again..
so listen really careful cuz I will only say this one more time..

A MMORPG like this Will NOT, and I repeat "WILL NOT!" be good for either X-Box 360 or PS3..
With all the keybindings and macro's you'll prolly gonna be using
then its gonna be downright impossible to play it on either of those consoles.

Also all the abilities you'll learn would be hard to control on a freaking
Controller.

!

WOOOW you sound COMPLETELY OBLIVIOUS to how capable consoles are at controls for an mmorpg. You need to take the time to go outside and learn how much the console industry has improved over the years.

1st of all, consoles have supported USB keyboards since PS2.
even the Dreamcast had a keyboard for PSO, which wasn't a mmorpg, but it still involved multiple functions and keyboard for communication. of course an mmorpg can involve more functions like Everquest or FFXI, but FFXI has proven that mmorpg controls can work wonderfully with a console (and Everquest but I never played it. Though owners of the console versions said they liked it.)

2nd of all, a controller has more buttons and comfort than a mouse, and less risk injuring one's wrist.

3rd of all, FFXI has proven an mmorpg works on a console. The majority of
Japanese FFXI players even play on PS2 instead of PC.

4th of all, believing that it would be hard to control, proves you never played
an mmorpg on console. PS2 and Xbox360 owners of FFXI would set you straight. (and while you can laugh that FFXI is my
only real mmorpg experience, FFXI is well known as one of the hardest, if not hardest mmorpgs out there. So don't knock it, because it has as much depth and demands more hard work than other mmorpgs you can think of.)

5th of all, covering your reasons with statements that have no hands-on experience behind playing mmorpgs on consoles, makes you sound like a fanboy. It only makes you look like a PC fanatic. Note that I never said anything selfish like "it should be ___ exclusive" or anything like that.

6th of all, Having a keyboard on one's lap or table, with controller in hands, is easy to do and switch back and forth. The majority of console owners who play mmorpgs have no problem using a keyboard with a controller. And there are accessories that people use that combine keyboard with controller if they prefer that.

7th of all, Square Enix is developing PS3 version of FFXIV alongside the PC version, and the 7-8+ years of FFXI existing between 3 platforms, has proven to be a success.
This, combined with DC Universe and other potential future mmorpgs on console, leaves you with little to no reason to oppose a PS3 port other than your seemingly selfish and biased opinions.

Namco Bandai would be wise to port Dragonball Online to PS3.

Last edited by saner; 08-25-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:36 PM
Banned
  Namekian-Dragon-Clan

All of that was bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla to me.
( yea I did wrote every bla myself, no copy paste here. )

A MMORPG would just not be the same on a console be there keyboard for it or not.

And tbh.. FFXI sucked.. it was a horrible game. I'd rather play Ping pong than FFXI.

and if you should use a controller for a MMORPG then you wouldn't get the same feeling of it
than you would if you were using a PC.

Not saying WoW is a good game or anything..

but it would blow even more ass if it was made for PS3 or X-Box aswell.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:09 AM
Mystic Saiyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishnara View Post
All of that was bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla to me.
( yea I did wrote every bla myself, no copy paste here. )

A MMORPG would just not be the same on a console be there keyboard for it or not.

And tbh.. FFXI sucked.. it was a horrible game. I'd rather play Ping pong than FFXI.

and if you should use a controller for a MMORPG then you wouldn't get the same feeling of it
than you would if you were using a PC.

Not saying WoW is a good game or anything..

but it would blow even more ass if it was made for PS3 or X-Box aswell.

that's just your opinion.

A PS3 version won't affect your enjoyment of the PC version, nor will it affect the quality of the game.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Mystic Saiyan
  Majin-Large

First let it be completed on PC, then you can blabber all you want about PS3 mmorpg's since I won't be here on the forums, I ll be out there kicking (or getting kicked at) asses.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:38 PM
Banned
  Namekian-Dragon-Clan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saner View Post
that's just your opinion.

A PS3 version won't affect your enjoyment of the PC version, nor will it affect the quality of the game.
tbh.. whenever I play a online game I can see if people dont play it on a computer.

lets face it.. DBO is gonna be very PvP minded so lets setup a premade fight here.

Player 1 on a Computer vs player 2 on a x-box or ps3.

Player 1 would win because of the fact that he has more feeling with the game than
player 2 has and can move around better and quicker
Old 08-26-2009, 07:59 PM
Earth Guardian
  Namekian-Warrior
Send a message via MSN to Kiretto

god i hope PC will be the only console... WTF guys PS3... MMORPG on it would suck..
What you want it on Gameboy ?

"Welcome to the End of your Life...and I promise...it's going to hurt!"<Guns>
Old 08-27-2009, 11:18 AM
Mystic Saiyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiretto View Post
god i hope PC will be the only console... WTF guys PS3... MMORPG on it would suck..
What you want it on Gameboy ?
first of all, I'm surprised you refer to PC as a "console", since console is mostly used to refer to systems that are not PC, yet are not portable systems either.

and no one said anything about wanting it portable systems. The hardware differences between GB and PS3 are so different, that's like comparing a bicycle with a modern airplane.

Well since the U.S. version of Dragonball Online is coming first to PC, I wonder how much it would cost to buy a new PC that can run it perfectly, while having an adapter/card to plug the PC to a TV?

Last edited by saner; 08-27-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Banned
  Namekian-Dragon-Clan

Your thinking to much.. thats your problem saner..